Home Repair / Accessibility Modification Programs
This program is for low income families who own their own home and meet qualifying factors but can't afford needed urgent home repairs or handicap accessibility modifications. To qualify for these programs anyone living in the home must meet a qualifier. Qualifiers include: Disabled, Veteran, Elderly (62+), Single parent household with a child living in the home full time, large family household with 5+ people, or a child under the age of 6 is living in the home that was built before 1978 and the home could contain lead hazards. The main focus of this program is to assist those who need home repairs or handicap modifications that are a hazard to ones safety and/or security, or without the repairs the situation could force them out of their home. For those who fall just outside income requirements then we also have a Community Funded Home Repair Program. The primary funding source for the Community Funds is our amazing partner the United Way of Davidson County.
Other Important Notes for these Programs!
- The HSDCNC Home Repair Program is incomed based. Everyone in the home must include their income (if applicable).
- Funds for this program are primarily funded by the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency (NCHFA) under their Urgent Repair Program (URP).
- The home in question must be owner occupied (no rental properties)
- The home must be in Davidson County (we cannot assist other counties using our funds)
- Currently we can NOT assist those living in manufactured housing regardless of foundation type (mobile, modular, trailer, etc.)
- Repairs must address issues that are life threatening or can cause major structural damage if not fixed.
- We cannot address cosmetic issues such as painting, carpet, or yardwork and we do not offer full home window replacement.
- Repairs that we typically address are: Heating & Air (HVAC), Plumbing, Septic, Roofs, Electrical and minor structural repairs.
- Accessibility modifications includes ramps, egress situations, walk-in showers, chair height toilets, grab-bars, etc.
- Any contractor we use must carry Workman's Compensation and General Liability insurance!
For this program you will be introduced to HSDCNC's Director of Construction & Repair Programs...